It's Christmas time and what a great time of year it is too. Over the years, we all have had presents from family and friends that are really great. On the other hand, of course there have also been ones that really REALLY suck. And we all know what happens when we get them - after unwrapping, there is an awkward silence followed by your best effort at a sincere "oh that is great, just what I wanted, thank you so much". Anyway to make sure you are not a "crap christmas present giver", I have compiled a list of ultimate christmas presents to help you stay in the good books. Especially if the person you are giving it to has an interest in training, fitness and health. Here it is...
1) FATGRIPZ. These things are insane and a great way to vary your workouts. They simply attach onto your dumbbell or barbell handle. From there if you use them enough, they improve your grip, even out unilateral limb strength (e.g. when your right arm is stronger than the other or vice versa) and also bulletproofs you against wrist and forearm injuries like tennis elbow. Plus they will give you forearms like a veteran mechanic. If you want a pair of these bad boys, click here (P.S. if you scroll down far enough on their site, you might even see me!!)
3) QLink Mini. These little gadgets attach to your cell phone and other electronic devices like iPod, iPads, laptops and even household electronics like hairdryers. The QLink Mini decreases the amount of negative effects from any electronic device's electromagnetic field (EMF) and also supports your body's natural energy. Now these things can be a little hokey for some people (especially Type A personalities!) but I think of it as insurance against the possible (and very probable) negative effects of cell phones and other electronics.
4) Alkaline Water Filter. We just had one of these put in my practice in Burleigh Heads and without a doubt, the water tastes better and personally I am able to train at a higher work capacity and I recover better. One reason is behind this is that we become the most acidic when training and drinking alkaline water during your training will help buffer you - similar to something creatine or beta alanine. You will want to go to Water Health Care who have the best filters available - my one ionizes the water and makes the water more alkaline. Heck it even talks to me when it turns on! So if you want better water, click here.
6) Switched On Vol 2. I am a little biased here because the book has a chapter written by me. But hey it is a great read and there is a ton of information from Australia's best health & wellbeing professionals that will help you get leaner and healthier If you want a copy (hard or digital), go here to leave your details.
7) Scan Pan. Now my all time favourite kitchen utensil is the George Foreman Lean Mean Grilling Machine. Unfortunately after a while, it will start leaching heavy metals and other crap into your meat and therefore you got to upgrade. So what I am actually buying myself for Christmas is a Scan Pan. The Scan Pan is a ceramic titanium non stick cookware that has no PFOA or PFOS in their manufacture. Plus it comes with a 10 year warranty so it is pretty sweet way to cook that mouthwatering steak.
So there you have it - The Ultimate Christmas List. Anything I have left off or anything you think should be included? Make sure to leave your post below!